The WHEx Organization
The Wisconsin Hop Exchange is officially a cooperative- we received notification on Nov. 17th, 2011. This is yet another milestone in becoming the premier hop producer in the Midwest.
WHEx Board of Directors:
- President: John Blaska / email@example.com
- Vice President: Rich Joseph / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Dave Buss / dbuss@email@example.com
- Secretary: John Tucker / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Board Member: Luke Albers / email@example.com
- Advisory Board Member: Lawrence Becker / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advisory Board Member: Steve McDonald / email@example.com
Mission and Vision
WHEx Mission Statement
We are a cooperative business dedicated to providing members with agronomic, processing and marketing services. Our goal is to become the most trusted source of quality hop products. WHEx aims to enhance grower’s profitability while promoting hops for craft beer production throughout the Midwest.
WHEx Vision Statement
- Expedite processing services for large and small growers.
- Assist growers with bulk purchasing of grower supplies.
- Provide agronomic information for our members.
- Adapt the latest technology to gain maximum efficiency.
- Build a strong image in the marketplace.
- Promote products produced with WHEx hops.
- Conduct our business with the highest ethical standards.
- Position our cooperative to be financially strong.
- Develop an equitable income distribution model.
- Develop a transparent, audited accounting system to ensure accurate accounting and payments to producers.
The Wisconsin Hop Exchange (WHEx) is a cooperative, designed to assist hop growers in producing a quality product and creating new business partners with local hops consumers. The WHEx is founded on the belief that the most sustainable approach to Wisconsin hops use is the stimulation of local markets and a return to local production.
The Wisconsin Hop Exchange has over a dozen growers are looking for more interested growers to join us. WHEx meets regularly to discuss issues facing Wisconsin hop growers. Check the news section for next meeting time and dates.
Our growers have a wide variety of knowledge from many different fields. We share our knowledge and experience at our meetings. We are primarily located in the Waterloo, WI area but have members quite a distance from our core growers. WHEx has been working with several brewery’s to determine their exact needs.
Contact the WHEx Coop’s Secretary if you are a current or up-and-coming hop grower interested in joining our cooperative.read more